Simple tool to Manage, File and Document compliances. Get Started for Free
I D Act-Lay Off – Form Q1
If any workman employed in an industrial establishment as defined in the Explanation to section 25A not being an industrial establishment referred to in sub-section (1) of that section] is laid off, then, the employer concerned shall give notices of commencement and termination of such lay-off in Forms Q-1 and Q-2 respectively within seven days of the end of the calendar month in which the lay-off commences and that in which it concludes, as the case may be.
(2) Such notices shall be given by an employer in every case irrespective of whether, in his opinion, the workman laid-off is or is not entitled to compensation under section 25C.
Application for permission to lay-off under section 25M. – (1) Application for permission to lay-off any workman under sub-section (1) of Section25-M shall be made in Form Q-3 and delivered to the authority specified under sub-section (1) either personally or by registered post with acknowledgement due and where the application is sent by registered post, the date on which the same is delivered to the said authority shall be deemed to be the date on which the application has been made, for the purpose of sub-section (5) of the said section.
(2) The application for permission shall be made in triplicate in Form Q-3. A copy of such application shall be served simultaneously by registered post on the President or Secretary of a registered trade union(s) functioning in the establishment and a notice in this regard shall also be displayed conspicuously by the employer on a Notice Board at the main entrance to the establishment for the information of all the workmen concerned at the same time when applications are served on the prescribed authority.
(3) The employer concerned shall furnish to the authority to whom the application for permission has been made such further information as the authority considers necessary for arriving at a decision on the application, as and when called for by such authority.
(4) (a) Where the permission to lay-off has been granted by the said authority, the employer shall give to the Commissioner of Labour notice of commencement and termination of such lay-off in Form Q-1 and Q-2
(b) Where the permission to continue the lay-off has been granted by the said authority, the employer shall give similar notice of commencement and termination of such lay-off to the Commissioner of Labour in Forms Q-1 and Q-2 respectively, if such notice has not already been given under sub-rule (1) of rule 60-A.
(5) The notice of commencement and termination of lay-off referred to in subsection (4) shall be given within the period specified in sub-rule (1) of rule 60A.]