Simple tool to Manage, File and Document compliances. Get Started for Free
I D Act-Grievance Redressal committee
1) Every industrial establishment employing twenty or more workmen shall have one or more Grievance Redressal committees for the resolution of disputes arising out of individual grievances.
(2) The Grievance Redressal Committee shall consist of an equal number of members from the employer and the workmen.
(3) The chairperson of the Grievance Redressal Committee shall be selected from the employer and from among the workmen alternatively on a rotation basis every year.
(4) The total number of members of the Grievance Redressal Committee shall not exceed more than six:
Provided that there shall be, as far as practicable, one woman member, if the Grievance Redressal Committee has two members and in case the number of members is more than two, the number of women members may be increased proportionately.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, the setting up of the Grievance Redressal Committee shall not affect the right of the workman to raise an industrial dispute on the same matter under the provisions of this Act.
(6) The Grievance Redressal Committee may complete its proceedings within thirty days on receipt of a written application by or on behalf of the aggrieved party.
(7) The workman who is aggrieved of the decision of the Grievance Redressal Committee may prefer an appeal to the employer against the decision of Grievance Redressal Committee and the employer shall, within one month from the date of receipt of such appeal, dispose of the same and send a copy of his decision to the workman concerned.
(8) Nothing contained in this section shall apply to the workmen for whom there is an established Grievance Redressal Mechanism in the establishment.]