Simple tool to Manage, File and Document compliances. Get Started for Free
Contract Labour Registers & Records – Form XII
REGISTERS AND RECORDS AND COLLECTION OF STATISTICS.
(ii) The card shall be maintained up-to-date and any change in the particulars shall be entered therein.
(i) maintain a Muster Roll and a Register of Wages in Form XVI and Form XVII respectively;
Provided that a combined Register of Wage-cum-Muster Roll in Form XVIII shall be maintained by the contractor where the wage period is a fortnight or less;
(ii) maintain a Register of Deductions for damage or loss, Register of Fines and Register of Advances in Form XX, Form XXI and Form XXII respectively;
(iii) maintain a Register of Overtime in Form XXIII recording therein the number of hours of, and wages paid for, overtime work if any.
(b) Every contractor shall, where the wage period is one week or more, issue wage slips in Form XIX, to the workmen at least a day prior to the disbursement of wages;
(c) Every contractor shall obtain the signature or thumb impression of the worker concerned against the entries relating to him on the Register of Wages or Muster Roll-cum-Wages Register, as the case may be, and the entries shall be authenticated by the initials of the contractor or his authorised representatives and shall also be duly certified by the authorised representative of the principal employer in the manner provided in Rule 73.
(d) In respect of establishments which are governed by the Payment of Wages Act, 1936 (4 of 1936) and the rules made thereunder, or Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (11 of 1948) or the rules made thereunder, the following registers and records required to be maintained by a contractor as an employer under those Acts and the Rules made thereunder shall be deemed to be registers and records to be maintained by the contractor under these rules, namely:-
(a) Muster Roll;
(b) Register of Wages ;
(c) Register of Deductions ;
(d) Register of Overtime;
(e) Register of Fines ;
(f) Register of Advances ;
(g) Wage slip.]
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, where a combined or alternative form is sought to be used by the contractor to avoid duplication of work for compliance with the provisions of any other Act or the rules framed thereunder or any other laws or regulations or in cases where mechanised payrolls are introduced for better administration, alternative suitable form or forms in lieu of any of the forms prescribed under these rules, may be used with the previous approval of the Chief Labour Commissioner (Central).
(2) Such registers shall be maintained legibly in English or Hindi.
(3) All the registers and other records shall be preserved in original for a period of three calendar years from the date of last entry therein.
(4) All the registers, records and notices maintained under the Act or rules shall be produced on demand before the Inspector or any other authority under the Act or any person authorised in that behalf by the Central Government.
(5) Where no deduction or fine has been imposed or no overtime has been worked during any wage period, a ‘nil’ entry shall be made across the body of the register at the end of the wage period indicating also in precise terms the wage period to which the ‘nil’ entry relates, in the respective registers maintained in Forms XX, XXI and XXII respectively.
(ii) The notices shall be correctly maintained in clean and legible condition.
(2) A copy of the notice shall be sent to the Inspector and whenever any changes occur the same shall be communicated to him forthwith.
15[(3) Every principal employer shall, within fifteen days of the commencement or completion of each contract work under each contractor, submit a return to the Inspector, appointed under Section 28 of the Act, intimating the actual dates of the commencement or, as the case may be, completion of such contract work, in Form VI-B.]
Note.-Half year for the purpose of this rule means “a period of 6 months commencing from 1st January and 1st July of every year”.
(2) Every principal employer of a registered establishment shall send annually a return in Form XXV (in duplicate) so as to reach the Registering Officer concerned not later than the 15th February following the end of the year to which it relates.
(2) Any person called upon to furnish the information under sub-rule (1) shall be legally bound to do so.