During COVID-19 we are offering our tool for free. Get Started for Free
Contract Labour Registration Certificate Application
(1)This Act may be called the Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date- as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act. –
(4) It applies-
(a) to every establishment in which twenty or more workmen, art employed or were employed on any day of the preceding twelve months as contract labour.
(b) to every contractor who employs or who employed on any day of the preceding twelve months twenty or more workmen.
Provided that the appropriate Government may, after giving not less than two months’ notice of its intention so to do, by notification in the Official Gazette, apply the provisions of this Act to any establishment or contractor employing the such number of workmen less than twenty as may be specified in the notification.
(5) (a) It shall not apply to establishments in which work only of an intermittent or casual nature is performed.
(b) If a question arises whether work performed in an establishment is of an intermittent or casual nature, the appropriate Government shall decide that question after consultation with the Central Board or, as the case may be, a State Board, and its decision shall be final.
Explanation.-For the purpose of this sub-section, work performed in an establishment shall not be deemed to be of an intermittent nature-
(i) if it was, performed for more than one hundred and twenty days in the preceding twelve months, or
(ii) if it is of a seasonal character and is performed for more than sixty days in a year.
Manner of making applications for registration of establishments.-
(1) The application referred to in sub-section (1) of Section 7 shall be made in triplicate, in Form I to the registering officer of the area in which the establishment sought to be registered is located.
(2) The application referred to in sub-rule (1) shall be accompanied by a treasury receipt showing payment of the fees . The registration of the establishment.
(3) Every application referred to in sub-rule (1) shall be either personally delivered to the registering officer or sent to him by registered post.
(4) On receipt of the application referred to in sub-rule (1), the registering officer shall, after noting thereon the date of receipt by him of the application, grant an acknowledgement to the applicant